Wednesday 4 September 2013

Mere Humrahi Episode 3 – Ahmed Becomes

This week’s episode was relatively better than the last one. There were a few developments in the show this week though at a snail’s pace. The episode revolved around the two family’s reactions to the drastic steps taken by both Haaniyah and Ahad.

I said this in my first review of this show that I find this show very filmy and I saw the filminess yet again in this episode.

The reactions of all the family members to the news of Haaniyah’s attempt at suicide and then Ahad’s disappearance were full of the spiciness that we see in movies.

I am not saying I disliked the scenes, I was really hooked to the scenes because the suspense and emotional quotient was increasing after each scene.

I still strongly believe that the episode should have been a bit fast paced. I was disappointed yet again when I saw Samina’s scenes forcefully added in between the very intense and emotional scenes between the two families. 

I am completely unable to fathom why Samina is getting so much screen space at such a crucial point of the show. We already got enough of her dose last week, they could have waited for an episode or two for the next dose.

One minute I am completely into the emotionally intense scene and the next minute, I get to see the completely spoilt Samina and the scenes between Samina’s brother Zaheer and his wife Afshah. These scenes were a huge turn off and if anyone of you has not seen the episode yet, 

I seriously recommend you to skip these scenes. I truly loved Munawar Saeed’s acting in this episode. He truly acted like a loving father would in such a situation and my heart truly went out to him. Even Ahsan’s (Khalid Malik) acting was pretty good in this episode. 

Even though I found the dialogues really filmy, I still thoroughly enjoyed the exchange of dialogues between the two families.

No comments:

Post a Comment